Dilapidations is one of our specialist areas and as such, we have developed a strong reputation in acting for a variety of Tenants ranging from individuals to SME’s and large national operators.
We have a comprehensive understanding of the challenges faced by Tenants in complying with their Leasehold obligations whilst looking to minimise any impact on their core business.
We provide bespoke advice as to the most appropriate strategies in order to ensure that a Tenant complies with its Lease. We work very closely with our clients at each stage throughout the term of a Lease and ensure that clients are regularly updated throughout any period of negotiations.
The dilapidations services that we provide for Tenants include;
- Preparation of Schedules of Condition and Pre Lease Assessments before entering into a Lease
- Highlighting potentially onerous Lease terms and negotiating amendments to mitigate future liabilities
- Assessment of dilapidations liabilities for budgeting purposes and for tax purposes (as required under the accounting regulations, IFRS16)
- Preparation of detailed itemised Scott Schedule responses to Landlords dilapidations claims
- Dilapidations defence – of interim and terminal claims
- Negotiation of financial settlement
- Negotiation of a scope of exit works and procurement of works prior to Lease end.
- Strategic advice and management of the lease exit process
- Advice on compliance with conditional break clauses
- Management of portfolio dilapidations provisions
- Advice in relation to the implementation of Section 18 advice (diminution in reversionary value) including the appointment of specialist valuation surveyors where appropriate.
We have many years’ experience and a proven track record in acting for Tenants on claims ranging from £10,000 to £10.8million.