The primary objective of the project monitoring role is to act as the ‘eyes and ears’ of the client throughout all stages of the development process including the pre construction stage.
When acting as a Project Monitoring Surveyor, we adopt a proactive rather than reactive approach by identifying and anticipating potential issues which may affect the delivery of the project. In this way we are able to provide an early warning to the client but also be of value to the developer, as they may be better placed in terms of decision making.
Typical issues that the project monitor would comment/advise on include;
- Land and property acquisition
- Statutory consents and legal matters
- Construction agreements, appointments, contracts and warranties
- Programme (in terms of the overall development and the construction phase)
- Design (overall and detailed design)
- On site construction quality