Outline of the CDM requirements.
CDM applies to all building and construction work including new build, demolition, refurbishment and renovation, extensions, and repairs/maintenance works.
All projects must have;
- Workers with the right skills, knowledge, training and experience.
- Contractors providing appropriate supervision, instruction and information
- A written construction phase plan
Projects where there is more than one contractor involved must also;
- Have a Principal Designer and Principal Contractor appointed in writing by the Client.
- Provide a health and safety file, for which the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor are responsible